3/7/07

Wow!

First off: I'm posting later than i usually do. Also, i got a hit-counter from google analytics and it's serving me well. Almost 20 hits today! Holy testes, that's more than i had expected this early. ANYWAY:

In the days since monday there have been some new developments which you can read about below this, or not. Here is the single panel cartoon:
NEWS SECTION:
First off, i'd like to thank everyone from the PWOT and Truth and Beauty Bombs message boards for your constructive thoughts and words of encouragement. It really does mean a lot (so much as it can, being internet communication). BUT: there are two sides to this coin, the second i didn't expect or foresee.

On one hand, i really desired criticism and recognition from people who i am not close friends with or related to by blood. It was nice. The down-side to this is that i got a sense that i needed to make changes in certain areas AND that i had viewers to please. It made the writing process strenuous, to say the least. I drew/wrote/tossed three comics before i arrived at this one. My ability to make these sorts of things just sort of flow out of my imagination/experience was sort of hampered. My focus, for the last few days, has been to create something funny as opposed to something truly mine. I'm pretty sure this sentiment has been expressed about a thousand times better by someone smarter and more creative than I, but i hope i've gotten it across regardless.

In closing: Nothing has really changed permanently, but i enjoy exploring these sorts of things and putting them out there so they no longer burden me. I appreciate all the traffic these new viewers have given me and the strength that they've given to my resolve. I appreciate that very much.

So here's the comic!
The songs, in case you don't get it (Push the Play Button):
Melt With You
I Love My Sex
How Could This Happen to Me?

A Moment Like This

Different Names for the Same Thing



Followed Quickly By The LINK OF THE DAY: My Dear Friend Aaron is much better at figure-drawing than i am, and his style is more expressive! It's not comics, but it's very admirable, good work. Check him out, you will not be disappointed.

After discovering The Hype Machine i think i'll add the "Song of the Day" as a feature. Yes, that sounds pretty good.

SONG OF THE DAY: Kavinsky - Testarossa Overdrive If you enjoy electronica and fun stuff, you should enjoy this.

That is all.

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may,
Old Time is still a-flying:
And this flower that smiles to-day
To-morrow will be dying
-Robert Herrick

No comments: