3/10/07

The Earthquake of '73

As promised, i deliver.

Today is a special day with a special comic. It requires a bit of audience involvement!

Step One: Right-Click on this link and open it in a new window/tab. It will open a song called The Earthquake of '73 by the Fruit Bats. You can listen to it as many times as you want, but before step 2, make sure it is paused at the beginning of the song.

Step Two: Right-Click on the image below and open it in a new window/tab. start the song and return to the window with the image, following along with the music. That wasn't so hard, was it?

END CREDITS: Music and lyrics by Fruit Bats (BUY ALL THEIR CDS) Art and lettering by AW. Format based on this guy's series, which is better than anything i could ever hope to accomplish.

That took me hours. Seriously, that was the most effort i've put into anything in a long time. There isn't much news with me except what was already covered in the previous post, except that Guacamole is FUCKING GOOD. So far as the above comic goes, I hope you liked it. In retrospect i enjoyed making it, however tedious it was to get it the way i wanted it to end up. In the future i will plan these things better.

THIS DAY IN SONG: The Voom Blooms - Thoughts of Rena

THIS DAY IN LINKS: Movies in 5 seconds

I hope you all prosper in your endeavors. next post will be on monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your best yet. I totally didn't get that "she" was dead until you asplained it to me. I love your jabbercomix and I'm emailing sub pop, and you should certainly be animating videos for their artists (and conveniently enough sub pop is headquartered in Seattle!) I will, of course, demand 20% of your revenues and a mention in your liner notes.