11/22/09

The best outlet for anger: Strategy games.

Risk, Dawn of War, Command and Conquer, Warcraft II and III, Starcraft, Red Alert. Shit, i survived puberty and adolescence thanks in no small part to those games and others like them. They just don't make them like they used to, and the best ones are always, ALWAYS (if you'll pardon the nerve-grating expression) indie games. I'm serious, i hate the snooty posturing purported by the coffee-bar crowd (yes, this phenomenon exists in the development community), i really do. It makes my fucking blood boil, and i don't care what you say, Animal Collective is a bag of dicks. Seriously. All the dicks. And Zooey Deschanell (sp?) was waaaay cooler when i dated her clone in junior high school, not that i was ever convinced any of you liked actual women anyway. Fags.


(pic unrelated)


Anyway, yeah, nerd-shit. So i'm unapologetically addicted to Cortex Command, i'm sure i've mentioned in in passing. I've done a lot of work on user-created content for it, it's got a hold on me. I'll admit it. I have a problem.

I spend so much less time in front of the computer (or, rather, for the last two or so years i have) than i used to, i didn't play console games for like a year. I went on a sabbatical, got my finger off the pulse of my favorite forum, stopped blogging as much, etc. I dunno, i came back and i noticed all these changes to my favorite old internet hangouts, it's like moving out of your parents' house and coming back to visit a year later.

I think i'm done with this line of thought.

1 comment:

Allen said...

No, i find you to be the ugliest, most vile pit of filth a more forgiving man than i could call, at least tenuously, human. You are more misshapen than the previous sentence's structure.