7/30/08

My Posts Number 40, Shawty.

So there's been nothing going on with me. Except a bike wreck.

I sat for about ten glorious minutes and was actually motivated to write some little autobigraphical sketches based on some pictures i'd taken on my cellphone. They're not very well drawn, and the lettering is how i write notes to myself, so it's hard to read. I think that adds something that a clean composition can't really accomplish.

I'd say they are just first drafts, but i like them like this. they have a deadpan Jeffery Brown feeling to them that i really like.

Anyway, i was interrupted and completely lost that groove. Imagine that you've just found a quote in a five thousand-page book that you really liked, and then you dropped the book and the binding let go of all the pages. And now you need to find that quote again in the heaping mess of loose-leaf paper on the floor.

So here they are.



1 comment:

shane said...

I really like these. I have nothing constructive to add to that.